Strategy Canvas Template
Drawing value curves of your own value proposition and the ones of competitors enables you to take decisions which features should be focused on. The value curves are drawn from the perspective of a specific customer segment and what they perceive as valuable.
How to use this template
1. Select a specific target group and the value proposition you offer them. The vertical axis shows the level of perceived value by your target group.
2. Define criteria that are important to your target group (between five and ten criteria)
3. Evaluate your value proposition with the chosen criteria and score it (e.g. 1-5 or 1-10). Draw your own value proposition as a line in the canvas and be honest about the features where you don't provide a high customer value.
4. Evaluate, score and draw 1-2 competing value propositions (can also be substitutes from different industries).
5. Analyze where your value proposition is stronger and where it is weaker than competitors. Which elements should you focus on in the future? How do you best address customer needs? Are there new criteria that you add to different yourself?